steamed rice 1 cup
garlic chopped finely 1 clove
shrimp paste 2 tsp
cane sugar 1 tsp
fish sauce (optional) 1/2 tsp
fried dried shrimp 1/4 cup
green mango sliced finely 1/3 cup
fresh lime 1
red hot chillies sliced finely 7
vegetable cooking oil 2 tbsp
shallots sliced thinly 3
1) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan or wok. Add the garlic and saute until
2) Mix one tablespoon water with the shrimp paste and pour it in the wok,
keeping the heat low. Add the sugar and fish sauce and mix well.
3) Still over low heat, add the rice and stir until it separates well - about
one minute. Remove from the heat.
4) Beat the egg. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and pour in the egg. Cook it as
a thin crepe-like omelet. Remove it, roll it up and cut it into thin strips.
5) Divide portions of the rice onto plates. Add egg and sweet pork slices, dried
shrimp and shallots, and mango, lime wedges, and chilies (shown in the photo.)
Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves.
Ingredients for Sweet Pork
pork meat thinly sliced 1/2 cup
palm sugar 1 tbsp
chopped fresh garlic 2 cloves
fish sauce 1 tsp
dark soy sauce 1 tsp
cooking oil 1 tbsp
Preparation for Sweet Pork
1) Mix the pork with the garlic. Heat the oil in a wok or a pan and add the
pork. Cook until done - about one minute.
2) Add the palm sugar, fish sauce, and dark soy sauce. Stir cooking, about 30
3) Cover with one half cup water, and boil for one minute. Remove from heat.